Friday 19 June 2015

Review: NEOM Experience At YSpa

Review: NEOM Experience At YSpa I've lived in Cambourne for years, tucked up just on the outskirts of Cambridge, but also perfectly placed just down the road from Huntingdon, Royston and even St Neots - all of these places get overlooked when it comes to dining out or spending some time relaxing. In fact, if somebody told me I could pop over to St Neots for one of the best spa experiences I've ever had the pleasure of sampling, I may have even chuckled to myself. But, it's true. Review: NEOM Experience At YSpa Just down the road is the Y Spa at Wyboston Lakes, a sprawling leisure and conferencing centre complete with golf course, business units and even accommodation for its' visitors. I can't quite believe I've never been here before... I know plenty of people who have been, but somehow I haven't quite managed to pop in, that is, until now. One lady has been to the Y Spa 197 times so far since they opened their doors, yep... you rad that right, 197 times! I was invited to join two other lovely ladies to review the latest experience at Y Spa in partnership with Neom Organics, a luxury brand with a mission to offer you "scent to make you feel good". I was joined by Cally from the MK News and Natalia from Beauty Spot (in place of her sister, Laia, who owns and runs this fab blog) for the day. The new Neom Organics Wellbeing treatments are set to impress the spa industry across the UK, with this well-respected brand hand picking just a select few spas in the country to take on this new experience, Y Spa is my very closest, simply a few miles from home - very handy indeed. Review: NEOM Experience At YSpa There will be four treatments offered to you within this experience and you will be allowing your senses to choose which one you actually choose on the day, so you won't actually know which treatment you are having until you've picked it, very unusual. Each treatment begins with a specific guided meditation, preparing your body and mind - it's a body & mind MOT for the soul.... I heard this saying from my fellow blogger whilst here and I'm stealing it, it's actually how it felt. Review: NEOM Experience At YSpa So, the four treatments on the menu that you might choose from with a sniff of your nose are as follows (words from the Y Spa menu): Neom Sleep Treatment Nothing effects how you look or feel as much as sleep or lack of it. Enter a room, deeply scented with Neom Scent to Sleep™ Tranquillity™ fragrance. You are about to experience the Neom Sleep Treatment. Prepare to be lost in a blissful state, ready for a deep night's sleep Neom De-stress Treatment By 2020 the top 4 diseases will be stress related. Neom's complex Scent to Instantly De-stress™ blend of 24 first pressed essential oils, including lavender, jasmine & Brazilian rosewood creates a de-stressing environment the moment you enter the room. This treatment allows tension to drift away and for a calm new-you to be uncovered. Neom Energise Treatment Energy is the single most powerful fuel to accomplish anything in life. This wellbeing treatment is designed to allow you to stop, unplug and then reboot. Your senses will be awakened and your body and mind will be given a boost of natural energy. Neom Happiness Treatment Over 160 studies tell us that happy people are healthier. This purposeful combination of thoughtful touches will lift your spirits and leave you feeling like the best version of you. Review: NEOM Experience At YSpa I sniffed out the "Energise" treatment, with my senses physically turned off right away by two of the others smells, it was a very interesting experience allowing your scent to pick the treatment... I can't stop thinking about just how clever this is. After choosing, I was shown to the relaxation room so my therapist could prepare the bed for me and I sipped on refreshing lemon water as I reclined. If you go for the Neom treatments, go with an open mind and try not to think too much into it, it's such an interesting exercise just seeing where your senses take you. My experience therapist was called Clare and she was fantastic, she even told me that she had recently experienced the new "Energise" treatment herself... just before a 30 mile run, this woman was clearly, ever so slightly, insane. But she was lovely! Review: NEOM Experience At YSpa She started the treatment with a guided meditation, massaging my feet with some reflexology and spraying my face and pillow with a scented mist to help me unwind. She then used a lemon & basil sugar scrub all over my body, advising me that the sugar is much better for the skin than a salt scrub, as it actually hydrates the skin, whereas salt can dehydrate - really interesting, it's not something I would have even considered. Once the sugar scrub had been worked in and rinsed off, it was time for a clay mud wrap and an indian head massage whilst I was cocooned in warm blankets and covered in a creamy coloured clay. To my surprise, this clay (for the most part) soaked into my skin and hardly needed rinsing off at all, it was fantastic. Review: NEOM Experience At YSpa Clare finished off with a mix of hot and cold towels to wash off the clay residue and then massaged in a mint & mandarin scented cream to nourish my body. Whilst all of this was going on, I still managed to zone out and almost fell asleep a couple of times, it was heaven. A scented candle burned all the way through my treatment and the subtle ingredients within it helped me to breath and completely chill out. With this treatment, there is a lot going on, but it's all very subtle and it really did energise me... to the point where afterwards I headed to the Thermal Spa to enjoy some sunshine in the outdoor hot tub and I literally couldn't lay back to relax - I was buzzing. My fellow blogging companion also managed to pick the "Energise" treatment, but because she had already relaxed in the spa beforehand, she had done her relaxing and was now ready to be revived - personally, I think I'd like to do it that way around next time myself. Review: NEOM Experience At YSpa On leaving, you are actually provided with a miniature NEOM gift box to take home with you so that you can continue to use the oils and scents for a while afterwards (and I have been using every few days since to help me de-stress a little before bed). As part of this experience, I was also given access to the restaurant for a 2 course buffet lunch, with so much food on offer, it was tricky to know where a girl should start. There are so many healthy options, including salads, fish, cooked and cold meats, vegetables and I particularly enjoyed the Thai green curry on offer with steamed rice, just delicious. In fact, the main was so filling, I didn't go for a pudding or I may have sunk in the spa pool, but if I had fancied I could have chosen a beautiful bowl of fresh fruit or a triple chocolate mousse. Review: NEOM Experience At YSpa The facilities here are superb, I was provided with a fluffy white bathrobe and spa slippers, there were plenty of showers and towels around the spa to use and the vanity mirrors with hairdryers and power sockets for straighteners (should you need it) are a great touch. They also had close up mirrors with a backlight, something I haven't yet come across in the other spas I've been lucky enough to visit, this was a nice addition to my own little beauty pod. The NEOM Wellbeing treatments launch at the Y Spa on the 1st July 2015 and I suggest you get yourself booked in quick sharp, you are going to love it. This experience package costs £79, which includes: Full day's use of Thermal Spa Robes, slippers & towels 2 course buffet lunch Neom gift set 1 x 50 minute body treatment experience Review: NEOM Experience At YSpa You can see my teaser video from the day here. If you want to see my full Facebook photo album from this visit, click here. www.yspa.co.uk  MSF Miss Sue Flay logo Green Brush Read my new "About Me" page here! You can also read about Miss Sue Flay's "Around The World In 80 Stays Challenge"and other Secret Stays & Reviews here. See more of my travel videos here and more of my food review videos here. Or get in touch via social media through Facebook, Instagram & Twitter for a natter about life in general! Please note - This visit was complimentary following an invitation to view this venue and meet the team. I am in no means obliged to blog or write about their offerings, but I simply choose to share with my readers, should I enjoy the experience. The service team that work on the day or duration of my visit are not aware of my reasons for visiting, to enable a fair review. Any questions or to discuss a "Secret Stay" or review, please do email:hello@misssueflay.com All images © 2015 Miss Sue Flay, these may not be used or reproduced without written permission from the owner, many thanks in advance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment