Tuesday 18 March 2014

30 Things To Do Before I Turn 30 - A Personal Challenge

OK, so some of you may know, you may not, that over five years ago I set myself a little personal challenge. In fact, many challenges to get my life more exciting and have me meeting new people and experiencing new things... this was my "101 challenges in 1001 days".

Archery 30 before 30

I started it with good intentions, everything from getting a tattoo ( I ended up getting two!), heading to a music festival, going on a random road trip, losing some weight (and then putting it all back on again, until recently!), dining in a posh restaurant (the poshest I had been to was Frankie & Bennies, gulp), riding in a hot hair balloon, holding a scorpion, learning archery,  making new friends (I've made SO many FAB friends since this list began) and sleeping in a haunted house (nothing happened, it was a very sleepy ghost house!).

It kept me busy for a good chunk of time.

30 before 30

I managed to tick off a a healthy 25 challenges before my life took on a whole new list of it's own and I became one busy girl. I was bothered about this for a while, as I felt as though I needed to finish it, I needed to jump out of a plane and go zorbing for goodness sake. But, it didn't matter, one of those challenges was to start my own business and I had no idea at that time, JUST where it was going to take me, there literally has been no stopping me and I am so stupidly proud of my achievements to this point, I'm having a blast living my life and it's taken me a LONG time to ever be able to say that aloud.

However.

30 before 30

I'm about to turn 30 (on 9th April) and although I have been quietly confident that I'm ok about this, I'm having a few niggling thoughts about this failed 101 challenges and the fact that my life has literally revolved around business and fitness only since November 2013. I realised that I haven't been having any fun of late and I need to let my hair down and get ready for the next 10 years of awesomeness before my next panic-worthy milestone!

I recently read a blog post by one of my favourite writers, Kat Williams of Rock and Roll Bride and she has set herself the "30 things to do before my 30th" challenge too. It got my mind racing as to all the little things I want to do for myself over the coming weeks.

So, I got pen to paper and as always, it didn't take long to fill those 30 bullet points and I'm ready to tick off as many as humanly possible before my big three oh.

30 before 30

Perhaps you might like to help me with some of these? If so, get in touch, I would love to hear from you!

1. Stroll on a new beach
2. Play like a kid on a play park
3. Exercise in a new/interesting/exciting/unusual/fun way
4. Dinner & film night with good friends
5. Go for a bike ride - It's been too long
6. Take an unusual date night somewhere / doing something different
7. Lose the 7lbs planned with my personal trainer
8. Get arms waxed and preen myself ready to look amazing
9. Paint my nails a new & daring colour
10. Have an unscheduled duvet day - onesie, healthy food & films just for ME

30 before 30
11. Tidy out my wardrobe & donate my clothes to charity
12. Take a night away somewhere awesome
13. Get my business accounts in order
14. Go swimming in my new swimsuit & feel confident
15. Meditate every day or night to help me relax more
16. Have a day and night away from technology
17. Blow bubblegum bubbles with my manfriend
18. Watch some TED talks to get inspired
19. Enjoy an unscheduled cocktail for the sheer pleasure of it
20. Give blood
21. Have a coffee with a good friend
22. Take friends out for a lunch/treat
23. See Lynn (of Clandestine Cake Club) for a much needed day in Leeds
24. Be surprised (pleasantly!) by somebody else
25. Go to a spa (and relax properly.. no technology!)
26. Come out of my "dancing retirement"
27. Go to a bar for a beer and fries, "American style"
28. Go for afternoon tea
29. Go bowling or crazy golf... or both
30. Sing songs loudly in the car

30 before 30

Have you taken on a similar challenge? Or perhaps this or another challenge has inspired you to change your outlook and try something similar? I'd love to know all about it, so do leave a comment below.... What would your favourite things to do be if you were to do a similar list?

Perhaps you can help me with my own? If so, get in touch, I would love to hear from you and will try my very best to accommodate your help where possible over the coming weeks.

Tattoo

Miss Sue Flay

 



No comments:

Post a Comment