Monday 20 May 2013

John Lewis Gourmet "Masterchef" Challenge - An Invitation

As well as helping to judge the Cambridge Bake Off (starting this weekend, very exciting!) I have also been asked to judge a "Masterchef" style competition as a fundraiser event for Papworth Trust with John Lewis in June, I'm so excited to be asked to help, so of course I said that I would be thrilled to. You, my lovely readers, are also invited to come along and try some gourmet food at a great ticket price, so why not book a ticket and support this great food event? Gregg Wallace The night is going to involve three teams of Papworth Trust disabled adults learning to cook a two course meal – three chefs from John Lewis will head up and train each team.  The teams are all learning to cook with their chef this month and on the evening of Wednesday 5 June they will come together and have a 'cook off'.  Food Cycle Tickets are just £15 each for people to come along and have a taster plate; a bit of each of the three meals cooked. The judges will be sat at a separate table (5 judges in total) who will try all of the meals and give them a score.  Some feedback will be given by one/all of the judges to the diners/teams at the end of the evening with a winning team given a cup.  Date     Wednesday 5 June  Time     6:15pm – 8pm  Venue  John Lewis Brasserie, Grand Arcade, 10 Downing Street, Cambridge, CB2 3DS   Tickets are only £15 (£18 with a glass of wine), with a discount for tables of six. The price of a ticket includes a generous sampling of each of the menus, a chance to influence the decision of the judging panel, and free entry into a prize draw. John Lewis Cambridge   Tickets are available from the Customer Service department in John Lewis Cambridge. For more information, please call 01223 224 633 or email Marketing_Cambridge@johnlewis.co.uk. All proceeds will be donated to Papworth Trust, a disability charity which supports people to live more independent lives. And the 3 menus for the John Lewis Gourmet Challenge are... Team Noir Sea bass with a warm Niçoise salad and salsa dressing Passion fruit panna cotta with mango, pineapple and mint compote garnished with a tuile biscuit Team Jane Vegetable cannelloni with a rich tomato sauce served with a summer salad Lemon tart with raspberries and crème fraîche Team cat Stuffed pork loin with braised cabbage, celeraic puree and cider jus Profiteroles and chocolate sauce Food Cycle Papworth Trust is a disability charity. We support as many people as possible in as many ways as we can – providing accessible housing, personal care and employment services to name just a few things. By attending this gourmet challenge, you will help us make a difference for disabled people. To find out more, please visit www.papworth.org.uk/supportus.  Registered charity 211234 http://www.johnlewis.com/our-shops/cambridge/john-lewis-cambridge-events Miss Sue Flay Please Note - I'm not paid or bribed to say these things, I review places & events of interest and items of my own accord, because I'm simply THAT geeky about tea and cake and all things in between. I pay for my own food, drink, services & products, I don't tell the establishment or suppliers what I'm doing, unless I enjoy it so much that I want to blog about it. I then simply ask their permission to do so and I chat to them about my experience to make them aware that I (and others) have enjoyed it : ) If you would like to discuss my independent reviews or blog write ups on any of the subjects on my blog, please do email Hello@MissSueFlay.com for a chat.

1 comment:

  1. hotel package
    To examine the advantages and disadvantages of certain hotels, perform thorough Google searches, and then look for the most reasonably priced hotel that has all of the amenities you need.

    ReplyDelete